Wednesday, February 17, 2010


Hi everyone!

Sorry i haven't written in such a long time, but we've been very busy and I really haven't had time! I have a lot of homework and not much free time! It's also been a very rough week because last Friday, my very good friend from EIE, his older brother died in a car accident. These past few days have been very sad for all of us here.

Last week we went on two tiyulim- to Sataf, located just below Kibbutz Tzuba, where we were able to see terrace farming and mountain irrigation systems dating back to 1000/900 BCE. The next day we visited Ir David- the city of David where king David reigned. We went through underground tunnels and caves it was so much fun!
Friday we had a very big Jewish History test that included everything we've learned about since the beginning. It took me four hours, but I think I did well and it was nice to be finally done afterwards. The rest of the day was a lot of fun until we received the news of my friend's brother. He did EIE six years ago decided to serve in the Israeli Defense Forces with his twin brother after high school. As I said earlier, the rest of the weekend was very quiet and sad, everybody was very shaken by it.
Today, we had a tiyul to the Israel Museum and the Dead Sea Scrolls, where we learned all about the different sects of Judaism! Then tonight was very busy because we had to pack up our rooms. We are going on a 10 day trip away from the kibbutz because we are going to Masada, Dead Sea, Eilat and participating in Gadna for 5 of the days where we train to be in the Israeli Army! We had to pack our bags for going away for 10 days, and then also pack the rest of the stuff in our rooms because when we come back we are switching rooms and roommates!

Okay that's all for now, i will write when I get back and I'm sure I'll have lots to tell!

xoxo,
Paige

1 comment:

  1. hey paige! I miss you muchooo and I hope you're having an amazing time on your trip!! I'm really sorry about the death of your friend's brother. I hope he's doing alright. There are some hebrew words/names I dont understand in your post but it seems like you're learning SO much and having such an incredible experience, I'm so happy for you!!! Aside from four-hour tests, sounds like school's pretty good too haha! I just wanted to catch up and find out how your trip went...I hope training for the Israeli Army isn't too rough lol! If you have some free time when you're back maybe we can vidchat?! love and miss you girlie =]

    ReplyDelete